Santa Monica, CA • Sacramento, CA
CounterTack is transforming the endpoint security space. Our groundbreaking products are helping customers recognize unparalleled value via timely detection, response and prevention of advanced threats from unknown or targeted malware, malicious insiders, and a variety of other attacks and breaches.
We are looking for an experienced senior software engineer who is passionate about writing clean, well-tested code to join our Platform team.
What You'll Be Doing
Help with designs, build new extensions and maintain our current highly scalable platform with real-time high volume data ingestion and related components, optimize software performance. Work in a technically rich, agile environment across multiple engineering locations. Work on issues reported by a global customer and partner ecosystem, and help diagnose and fix defects.
- A degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
- You have demonstrated the ability to master object oriented development in core Java, especially concurrency / multithreading
- 5+ years experience in designing and developing large scale Java applications
- Extensive knowledge of software architecture, data structures and modern design patterns
- Extensive knowledge of building high performance, highly scalable and fault-tolerant Java applications
- Experience with Spark and Kafka
- Deep understanding of SQL, query optimizations, joins etc...
- Must have a working knowledge of security applications like antivirus, IDS/IPS, and firewalls
- Fluency in English
- Excellent communication skills
- Startup work experience a major plus
- Experience creating robust RESTful APIs
CounterTack offers medical, dental and vision benefits, a 401(k) plan, and a stimulating work environment with a culture of big ideas and winning. Come join us in our mission to impact real change in the white-hot cybersecurity market.
No recruiters. Principals only. Must be eligible to work in the USA – must have US citizenship or green card.
Please email resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org
CounterTack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, disability, marital status, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.