Santa Monica, CA • Sacramento, CA • Waltham, MA
CounterTack is transforming the endpoint security space. Our groundbreaking products are helping customers recognize unparalleled value via timely detection, response and prevention of advanced threats from unknown or targeted malware, malicious insiders, and a variety of other attacks and breaches.
We are looking for a Security Developer with proven expertise and experience in memory forensics and advanced malware research to join our security research team. You will be in an enviable position to further advance memory analysis and behavioral detection and response capabilities in our sensor technology, a key innovation that is a recognized differentiator of our product.
What You'll Be Doing
- Binary reverse engineering
- Advanced memory forensics
- Dynamic analysis using debuggers and emulators
- Analyze gaps in current detection techniques and propose solutions
- Research alternative technologies and methods to build IP and improve our current products
- Work in a technically rich, agile environment across multiple engineering locations
- From time to time, work on issues reported by a global customer and partner ecosystem, and help diagnose and repair defects.
What We Require From You
- Passion for security research and reverse engineering
- Deep knowledge and proven experience with Windows internals. Clear fundamentals on memory management, networking, inter-process communication, services, and related systems level programming. Virtualization / hypervisor experience highly desirable.
- Knowledge of programming C/C++ is a must
- Experience building Windows drivers
- Understanding of anti-forensics tools and techniques
- Strong understanding of current exploitation techniques across multiple platforms
- Proficiency in programming and scripting languages
- Prior experience using Ida Pro, Volatility and other malware analysis tools
- Cybersecurity experience a plus. Minimally, must have a working knowledge of security applications like antivirus, IDS/IPS, and firewalls.
- Must have a BS in Computer Science (or related field), advanced degree preferred
CounterTack offers medical, dental and vision benefits, a 401(k) plan, and a stimulating work environment with a culture of big ideas and winning. Come join us in our mission to impact real change in the white-hot cybersecurity market.
CounterTack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
No recruiters. Principals only. Must be eligible to work in the USA – must have US citizenship or green card.
Please email resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org