Santa Monica, CA • Sacramento, CA • Waltham, MA
CounterTack is transforming the endpoint security space. Our groundbreaking cybersecurity products are helping customers recognize unparalleled value via timely detection, response and prevention of advanced threats from unknown or targeted malware, malicious insiders, and a variety of other attacks and breaches.
We are looking for a Security Developer with proven expertise and experience in memory forensics and advanced malware research combined with software development experience to join our security research team. You will be in an enviable position to further advance memory analysis and behavioral detection and response capabilities in our sensor technology, a key innovation that is a recognized differentiator of our product.
What You'll Be Doing
- Design and develop new or update existing security features in our products. Binary reverse engineering and advanced memory forensics.
- Keep abreast of operational internals to system develop features and enhanced security capabilities of our products.
- Perform dynamic analysis using debuggers and emulators.
- Analyze gaps in current detection techniques and propose new solutions.
- Research alternative technologies and methods to build IP and implement in our products.
- Work in a technically rich, agile environment across multiple engineering locations.
- From time to time, work on issues reported by a global customer and partner ecosystem, and help diagnose and repair defects.
What We Require From You
- At least five years of experience and passion for security research and reverse engineering.
- Proficiency in C++ and proven experience of building drivers coding is an integral requirement of this position.
- Clear fundamentals on memory management, networking, inter-process communication, services, and related systems level programming.
- Strong understanding of current exploitation techniques across multiple platforms.
- Virtualization / hypervisor experience highly desirable.
- Understanding of anti-forensics tools and techniques.
- Prior experience using tools like Responder PRO, Ida Pro, or Volatility.
- Must have a working knowledge of security applications like antivirus, IDS/IPS, and firewalls.
- Must have a BS in Computer Science, advanced degree preferred.
CounterTack offers medical, dental and vision benefits, a 401(k) plan, and a stimulating work environment with a culture of big ideas and winning. Come join us in our mission to impact real change in the white-hot cybersecurity market.
CounterTack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, disability, marital status, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
No recruiters. Principals only. Must be eligible to work in the USA – must have US citizenship or green card.
Please email resumes and cover letters to email@example.com