900% Growth in 2015 Fueled by Demand for Endpoint Security Innovation; Comprehensive IOC Remediation, Network Security Detection and Integration;
WALTHAM, Mass. and SAN FRANCISCO (March 1, 2016)— CounterTack, the leader in Big Data Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR), announces 900% YoY growth in 2015, attributed directly to the increased market demand for more innovation in endpoint security, which CounterTack is delivering on for over 200 customers. Across the company’s rapidly expanding list of enterprise, SMB and Federal customers, CounterTack has added key capabilities across its Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) product portfolio to address enhanced remediation and response, integration, workflow and the efficacy of advanced threat detection and analysis.
“CounterTack has continued its commitment to consistently deliver innovative endpoint security technology and services to our customers,” said Rajendra Dodhiawala, senior vice president, management and engineering, CounterTack. “CounterTack acquired MCSI just seven months ago, bringing together three ategory-leading products, with a collective strength that has enabled us to rapidly grow our installed based and accelerate product adoption. In the next three to six months, we will deliver exciting, highly differentiated new capabilities by virtue of integrating our best of breed technologies, cyber intelligence and analytic research focused on real-time and scan-based, forensic-level IOC and big data analysis for unknown threat detection and response.”
CounterTack customers are leveraging cutting-edge technology across three products that solve three distinct problems in the EDR arena. Many customers are now using multiple CounterTack solutions for added breadth of capability to counter advanced threats on the endpoint.
Key product enhancements and demonstrations that CounterTack will showcase at the RSA Conference (Booths 1133 and 2421, South Expo Hall) include:
Sentinel: Continuous Monitoring of the Operating System.
- Enhanced dashboard capabilities and threat visualization.
- Real-time detection, analysis and response demonstrations around advanced attacks, including PowerShell and Ransomware.
- Deep integration with network security platforms like Blue Coat Systems, and enhanced SIEM integration.
Active Defense: The Malware Hunter
- Comprehensive threat and IOC remediation capabilities that include endpoint and threat quarantine and the ability to kill processes contributing to security incident escalation – built for enterprise security teams for more enhanced capabilities to triage known threats.
Responder PRO: Forensic-level Reverse Engineering and Malware Analysis
- Additive and more advanced Linux threat data.
- Broader-scope, deeper analysis capabilities for incident responders to view and reverse-engineer threats.
“With CounterTack, I am able to leverage Sentinel in my Security Operations Center to monitor my operating system environment for threat activity and interactions through behavioral detection and analysis,” said a CounterTack customer in the nuclear power space. “What I like about incorporating the use of Responder PRO into my regimen is that it gives me the opportunity drill down deeply into the memory on a specific machine for more data on how attack artifacts might further execute. Combined with Sentinel, Responder PRO delivers a predictive analysis in real-time, but also pre- and post-incident for more thorough correlation through reverse engineering the memory on the box.”